You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/paste text from page to page

When I copy text created with Artistic text tool from page marked with the grey frame and paste in to the active blue. The text is dropped on the page it was copied from or in between the page. I am completely new to Publisher so I might do some thing wrong.  Windows 8.1 

copyPastePublisher.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey foto::hans, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

It sounds like the active page is still the one you copied the text from. Simply left-clicking a new page to get the blue highlight doesn't change the active page, so the paste just goes back to the active one.

Your screenshot has the blue highlight on pages 6 and 7 however, in the bottom left corner of the app, it says pages 4 and 5.

6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Simply left-clicking a new page to get the blue highlight doesn't change the active page

What does it actually do, Chris? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Selecting a page allows you to interact with that page without leaving your active page. For example, you can add a new page after the selected page or delete multiple selected pages.

It might seem a bit tricky at first but it makes sense in my head that you might want to interact with other pages without leaving your active page, especially in multiple page view. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.