You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Locking Guides

20 hours ago, Husbandman said:

Designer still does not have these I was sure by this time Publisher would. In my opinion, the guides are worthless if they cannot be locked because it is so easy to move them. Is this really that hard to program into the software?

I think there's a bug on the Mac version so the Toggle Guides Editing button at the top right doesn't work. Hopefully that will be sorted out on the next beta.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

4 hours ago, Tom Schülke said:

am i wrong ?  i think when you position guides on the masterpage you aply, than they will only be moveable there.

My experience says you are not wrong. That said I would like to be able to lock individual guides as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:24 AM, MickRose said:

I think there's a bug on the Mac version so the Toggle Guides Editing button at the top right doesn't work. Hopefully that will be sorted out on the next beta.

There is no bug. I just did not see that. I searched in the help menu for locking guides but that did not show anything. You would think in the guide manager there would be a locking feature. Anyway glad I found it.

Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) - Web Designer

We can now (1.7.0.128) use the guide locking toggle on the Tool Bar. [happy-face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.