Thanks to OliverG, huubjonkers and one or 2 others we now have sample files that show this problem. We have at least one bug here. We believe this relates to (embedded) images placed on the master page of a document not reloading into #58.

IF you did not put images on your master page but cannot reload your document we are still interested in you providing your file as there may be more than one cause for these crashes.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks to OliverG, huubjonkers and one or 2 others we now have sample files that show this problem. We have at least one bug here. We believe this relates to (embedded) images placed on the master page of a document not reloading into #58.

IF you did not put images on your master page but cannot reload your document we are still interested in you providing your file as there may be more than one cause for these crashes.

could that be the case for files created in #58 that don't load too?

I don't recall putting embedded images on master page, but i do have embedded images/linked on the other pages.

But it's strange to crash only with one file when the others were made in the same way.

MASTER LIQUIDHANDLING.afpub

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206