You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta Help Access

Until there are any tutorials up & running, I have been attempting to learn as much as possible about how to use Affinity Photo by accessing the topics & their subtopics in the Help menu bar of the software. But this limits being able to do so only on a Mac computer running the beta program. I would like to be able to access this Help info on my iPad or iPhone, say as in a PDF file in iBook. Is there any way this could be done? Thanks for this great software. Keep up the fantastic work!

Leigh, you are my hero! Thank you so much for that. I've been going nuts trying to read it in Help mode where the lines don't wrap. It was scroll right, scroll left, over and over. Most of the time, I'd just quit trying to look up something and go ask a question. This is so much easier and seriously speeds up the learning curve.

Leigh - Can't begin to thank you enough for sharing this epub of the Help files for Affinity Photo.  You have done a yeoman's job of creating this & it will make it so much more usable than before.  I have it downloaded on both my iMac desktop & my iPad 2, so I think that will really make it available as a learning tool while working with this Beta program.  I hope the Affinity folks are monitoring this thread & if so, they should also add in their appreciation for what you've done for a great many of us.  Cheers to you!

• Staff

Hi LilleG,

We're currently working on resolving the line wrap issue. I'm confident that this will be resolved in the next Photo build so you should have the Help working as expected - thanks for being patient and thanks to Leigh for providing a workaround.

Note that this fix is for Affinity Photo.

In terms of rolling out an epub version of the help for released apps - i've not been tasked with producing this as a deliverable but we do plan to create a Designer and Photo handbook (iBook format) in due course. This would not be a generated version of the help as we feel the learning experience would be better with a mix of text and video.

Finally - sorry for not responding sooner. :)    

\Andy Capstick

Affinity documentation

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.