Vijayanand.L

Auto text flow across pages

Brilliant first cut! Congrats!

I have installed APub on windows & spent the past hour on it and liking it very much.

I am unable to import word or notepad docs and automatically flow the text into pages. Am I missing something or is the feature unavailable.

Thanks

VJ

I'm resurrecting this apparently zombie thread b/c I can not for the life of me figure out how to automatically flow text from spread to spread.

I can get text to flow between text frames on facing pages. But if I have 100 pages of content I have to link each spread together (previous recto frame to following verso text frame). It looks like @Arun Sarkar figured out how to do it automatically but his video is gone. :37_disappointed:

I've tried every combination of CMD, ALT, and SHIFT I can think of.

I'm attaching a video of how this is done in InDesign in case I'm not explaining myself.

Does anyone know how to do this? I just can't imagine doing this every time I produce a book!

Hi,

Create a text frame to your size on page 1
Drag/drop or place the external text file(rtf/txt/docx) into this text frame
Go to the right hand side,two thirds down of the text frame >you'll see a triangle>shift+click and it will autoflow and create every page for you as long as the text will fit the size of the text frames

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

But with Facing Pages, and Text Frames on the Master page, it may be necessary to link the Text Frame on the left-hand Master Page with the Text Frame on the right-hand Master Page before you import the text and ask Publisher to reflow it. Otherwise you may get it reflowing on only one side.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta