Ik heb een Canon Powershot G7X mark3. 
Ook die heeft cr3 bestanden.
Wat zou het fijn zijn als die ondersteund zouden worden!

hi,

I've been using Affinity since April. I upgraded my camera to the 90D, and I found that 1.7 doesn't support CR3.

I've downloaded and installed the 1.8 beta as per instructions in this thread and CR3 image thumbnails indicate they are registering showing a "Affinity Beta" logo but when I try and open it in 1.8, I get an error "This file type is not supported."

I'd be very interested in knowing what's happening here, thanks.

Hi Riff,

Welcome to the forums :)

CR3 support has been added to the 1.8 beta, however this is only limited at this time. We hope to include support for your camera model in a future update, keep an eye on our beta forum for the latest updates!

Thanks Dan,

Does this mean that the CR3 format of the 90D is different from other CR3 formats? I'm not sure I'm following exactly here. Thanks

Although we've added support for certain CR3 files unfortunately the 90D's aren't currently supported - CR3 files are different from most RAW formats and this is why you're seeing the file not supported error when opening your specific CR3's.

This is already logged with our developers and should be improved in a future beta :)

Great thanks for the heads up.

As an aside question, roughly how long does it take for a beta to live in Affinity's cycle?

No problem at all!

This changes depending on many variables, but as a general rule it's usually around 1-2 months - but we don't release a version until we're happy with it so this has been extended past this previously.

Hi, I've been using Affinity with my Canon EOS 750d and I'm quite happy. I felt no need for going to the Adobe family so far. 

However, I'm considering getting an EOS R soon and got surprised at the fact that Affinity doesn't yet support .CR3 files. Let us know when you have a newer version that supports these files please!