You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Partial transparency to none?

3 hours ago, owenr said:

I 'm not convinced that you are mask-nesting (not clip-nesting) the Curves adjustment in the Rectangle.

@Lonely Tears, if this is still not clear to you maybe watching the Affinity Photo - Clipping vs Masking video tutorial will help.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

The option seems to be missing from Affinity Photo. I can copy a ‘winding’ filled curve from Affinity Designer and paste it into APh, but I can’t ‘Paste Style’ to apply the winding attribute to another curve. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 8/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, owenr said:

That's correct. Coverage map is not supposed to affect a raster image (a Pixel object or Image object). It adjusts the antialiasing of the edges of vector objects when they are being rasterised.

Weird. In other image editors with advanced layer blending options the simple solution in this case is just to target the gray channel and slide the gray top slider to the left to remove the anti-aliased edge pixels until the edges become aliased. Quick and easy. But in Photo the Blend options work differently, and won't allow me to do this.

I am somewhat surprised (not in a good way!) that this won't work in Photo. A gray channel target ought to be added in Photo too.

43 minutes ago, Medical Officer Bones said:

A gray channel target ought to be added in Photo too.

What specifically do you mean by "gray channel"? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7