You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to Apple Photos

• Staff
12 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

I would love to do just that, however that option does not present itself. Thus the issue.

Are you exporting as a PDF?  If you select JPG or another image type,  do you then get the 'Save Image' option?  

There is a way that you might find easier. It works for me :)

First thing, run Affinity Photo, or Designer.

Drag up from the bottom of the screen to get the app bar.

ED631C92-AE24-4B8A-BCEB-501C24756DAD.jpeg.495a223bcf59df531ffb8d1576214b91.jpeg

Tap (give it a moment) and drag up Photos until the window floats above Affinity Photo (see below).

BFF15D91-280D-42E9-8258-2A016329CDF8.jpeg.bb55e3c5e11d5ae8dcaca1c9ce4c9a0b.jpeg

Go to Export in Affinity Photo and you can just drag the ‘JPEG’ icon (a generous term for it) onto the Photos window. It does seem to like to be dragged on to an album.

2E0D8ED5-3CEB-408E-83EE-6CD3341A3847.jpeg.234b059b97a22eca40de59936c3b9a27.jpeg

The Photos window can be dragged off the screen to the right, and should remain there. Just drag it in by swiping in from the right hand side of the screen every time you need it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

14 hours ago, thomasbricker said:

I would love to do just that, however that option does not present itself. Thus the issue.

If you tap on the Share button, one of the options should be "Save Image." That should save the file to the Photos app camera roll, as long as you have chosen a format that app supports, like JPEG.

555115513_Shareoptions.jpeg.5d82c30f93a9d88f44bf075f0ff49ad3.jpeg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello all,

I must apologize here. (user error strikes again...)

The reason I was not getting the dialog boxes I expected, was because I was in the wrong persona. I was assuming I needed to be in the slice export persona when really I should’ve been in the document area. once I clicked on the document export icon, I clearly saw the export capabilities, which by the way are incredibly comprehensive!

What I should’ve done was watched the tutorial video on how to do this in the first place.

Thanks everyone for your help.

The more I use software the more like it.  It is literally thrilling to use it.