You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot instal from Microsoft Store

hello,

i have AF Designer for Mac and just purchased the PC version - from the Microsoft Store (BIG MISTAKE!) 

there is no option to download the software anywhere - just an Instal button that does not even list the PC i am currently on!! absolute garbage Microsoft. i am in urgent need to use this software on this PC and i cannot even instal it.

i would really appreciate some assistance.

thank you.

So are you saying the install button does not work?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Are you sure you're properly logged in to the MS Store, using the same login info as when you purchased the software?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

hi - yes to both. i only have one account and am logged in to it. it is picking up my laptop which is at home. 

i just cannot believe there is no option to download it. i really regret not purchasing directly from AF site. i have requested a refund anyway. if i get one i will purchase again and avoid the MS Store altogether for any future products as well.

There wouldn't be an option to download. The option would be Install, just as with any app from the MS Store.

Perhaps that listing is just the machines you've currently installed it on.

Did you try clicking the Install button? Doing that should automatically download and install the software.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, mrcavallo said:

...I just cannot believe there is no option to download it.

Do you mean the Microsoft Store as in the Microsoft Store website, or the Microsoft Store app that's built into Windows 10 PCs?

It sounds like you're going to the Microsoft Store website and then thinking you can download a file like a .exe installer file.  However that isn't how it works with store apps.  Apps bought from Microsoft install and update via the Microsoft Store app on the PC(s) (up to 10 devices) and can be installed on Windows 10 devices only.

The option you're seeing on the Microsoft Store website was added about a week ago, but currently it's only really for installing software on your other devices remotely.  If you click the 'Get the App' button on the website on a Windows 10 PC, ordinarily it should automatically open the Microsoft Store app on your PC and continue on the local machine.

The problem is if you're not on a Windows 10 PC, or if the store app doesn't open automatically for some reason, or if you close the store app that opens because you want to install it on a different PC to the one you're currently using, then you end up in the situation you're in, which can be a bit confusing.  Where the issue lies is to remotely install an app via the website, you need to have previously installed it on one of your other devices before.  So currently, you can’t purchase an app for the first time from the Microsoft Store website and immediately install it on a Windows 10 device remotely via the website.  You have to install the app on the first PC—via the Microsoft Store app—and then you will be able to remotely install it on your other devices. (Although I guess this will likely change in the future).

So, if you're buying and installing an app for the first time, use the Microsoft Store app that's built into the computer to install it (which the website normally automatically opens anyway).  If you have already purchased Affinity Designer from the Microsoft Store website, then it should already be sat in the library of your Microsoft Store app and you can install it from there (see below link):

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/20361-install-your-apps-my-library-store-windows-10-a.html