You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

A great program, almost direct at home. Some things however escape my thoughts:

How do I make my selection invisible (photoshop it's ctr h )

would be nice not to have to look at all the tutorials first, want to do that whenever I feel in the mood ;-)

Hoop to see an answer soon, Paulus (68)

Edited by GabrielM
Tile change

• Staff

Hi Paul, 

I'm afraid you cannot hide a selection in Affinity.  See MEB's reply below. I was actually thinking that you cannot do it with CTRL-H and forgot to mention the other half - SORRY -.

These are all our official tutorials:

Thanks,

Gabe. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Paulus68aulusvanaken@gmail said:

Hello!

A great program, almost direct at home. Some things however escape my thoughts:

How do I make my selection invisible (photoshop it's ctr h )

would be nice not to have to look at all the tutorials first, want to do that whenever I feel in the mood ;-)

Hoop to see an answer soon, Paulus (68)

Hi Paulus68aulusvanaken,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to menu View and untick Show Pixel Selection. You can also assign a shortcut for this in Affinity Photo Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts section (set the first dropdown to Photo and the second to View - the list below follows the same order as the app menu.

Please consider changing your Forum username to something else to prevent spammers from harvesting your e-mail. To do it go here and set a new username or click your username in the top right of this forum's page, select Account Settings, click on the Display Name link on the left and change/set a new username (on the right).

2 hours ago, Paulus-68 said:

changed my name

It would also be good a appropriate (factual) naming of topics.

Topics can be a good source of information, but if they are called "newbee stupid question" and "can't find some things", they will not be attractive for the readers.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.