You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Having trouble with pixel persona, removing the white from an image

So I've followed the steps to remove the white areas from my image, use the pixel persona brush and highlight it all then press delete. However if you look at the pictures I've attached, those steps don't work for me and I'm left with a highlighted area that I can't do anything with.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Cam+Lock+Fastener.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 09.59.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 09.59.48.png

You may be working with an image layer

In the Layers panel, right click the Layer and select Rasterise

Then try again with the Selection Brush Tool

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi mckmcg,

Welcome to the forums!

I can see from your second image:

1 hour ago, mckmcg said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 09.59.58.png

that the 'marching ants' selection is including some of the screw and locking nut, so that when you are pressing delete it is removing more than just the white background.

Depending on a few things there are multiple ways to do this. If you only want to remove the white background from around the screw and nut, use the selection brush tool in Designer to select the white background around the images and press delete, however this will not remove the white inside the screw/nut:
f8a50b9745f609f41cf67e3431ae3d79.gif

If you also have a copy of Affinity Photo (or are could try our 14 day free trial https://affinity.serif.com/signup/trial/photo/ ;) ) then there is an even quicker way to achieve this, whilst removing the white within the screw/nut also.
With the image loaded, select Filters > Colours > Erase White Paper.
This will automatically remove any white from the image and leave you with the black outline of the screw/nut:
f18e0985a0f937e9b6863b2eb1975360.gif

8 minutes ago, Dan C said:

If you also have a copy of Affinity Photo (or are could try our 14 day free trial https://affinity.serif.com/signup/trial/photo/ ;) ) then there is an even quicker way to achieve this, whilst removing the white within the screw/nut also.

There is no need of Affinity Photo here in this last case for removing the white within the screw/nut also, you can get the same result in Affinity Designer by using in the Pixel Persona from the top menu ...

• "Selection -> Tonal Range -> Select lights" and then pressing the delete key.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You can also use Blend Ranges/Options, in Designer, to easily remove all the white area from the image

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.