You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad - 1.6.7 free content

• Staff

Anyone who owns an Affinity Application can claim this content for 2 weeks, new or existing, Desktop or iPad, Mac or Windows. HOWEVER the macros only make sense on the iPad and serve no purpose on the desktop where live filters are easily added. The brushes work best with pressure devices and many benefit from tilt too, as found in the Apple pencil. So, the brushes work best on an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil, but they will work on any version of Affinity Photo (or even Designer)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Anyone who owns an Affinity Application can claim this content, new or existing, Desktop or iPad, Mac or Windows.

I am not sure what free content there is for AP for iPad 1.6.7, or if it differs from anything available for the desktop apps, so this may be a stupid question but assuming there is something unique for the iPad version, how would I get it, considering that I bought the iPad version when it was first released but still do not own an iPad that will run it?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I am not sure what free content there is for AP for iPad 1.6.7, or if it differs from anything available for the desktop apps, so this may be a stupid question but assuming there is something unique for the iPad version, how would I get it, considering that I bought the iPad version when it was first released but still do not own an iPad that will run it?

See https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/ipad-update/ for the temporarily free content released to match the timing of the iPad 1.6.7 release, although (as per Patrick's post) I'm fairly sure this content will also work in the desktop apps, rather than being iPad-specific (with the disclaimer about the usefulness of the macros, so maybe only the brushes).

Link to download just under the Buy Affinity Photo now button. If you reach What's Included, you've gone too far, you are into the description area past the download.

Buy the (temporarily $0) extras, download and save on your desktop/laptop machine, and I assume you will be able to copy the content over to your iPad (probably via an online storage service, seems to be the easiest route) when/if you get an iPad.

Other raster brushes for the desktop apps should also work on the iPad version of Affinity Photo (but not vector brushes until the iPad version of Affinity Designer is released).

Even without a Twitter account, you can monitor announcements at https://twitter.com/affinitybyserif

• Staff
19 minutes ago, R C-R said:

As described on Facebook (you could follow us) and on Twitter (you could follow us) and in emails to those who signed up for newsletter (you could sign up) or in the email to those who have bought from our Affinity store, we are pointing people at a temporary page on our marketing site.

We do not have any data (like names or emails) from Apple sales (Mac app store or iPad store) as those are not our sales.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

41 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

...  we are pointing people at a temporary page on our marketing site.

Thanks for the quick reply & temp link! For various reasons I need not go into here I will not use Facebook or Twitter. I did see the email but rather foolishly did not try the link it contained. Doh! :$

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I too am having issues with the Live filters macro pack.  I note it is much smaller than the other two at only 6kb.  It shows up grayed put under iCloud when navigated to via Affinity, its as if it is only a partial file.  Has anyone managed to load this successfully?

• Staff
9 hours ago, Shutterbug said:

I have a problem installing Live Filters Macro Pack. The brush packs installed fine but I get an error message saying this file is not an Affinity document. Error in the file? Is there anything else I can try?

Hi Shutterbug,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you update to version 1.6.7 first you will be able to import the macros without that error message. If you are still running v1.6.5 and want to import them create a new document (or open an existing one), go to the Macros Studio, tap the small menu icon on the Macros Studio header (on the left of the pin icon) and select Import Macros..... Select the file from the respective cloud service you have used to upload it and that's it. Tap the category button on the top of the Macros panel (says Default by default) and select Live Filters to display the imported macros.

• Staff
2 hours ago, STL said:

I too am having issues with the Live filters macro pack.  I note it is much smaller than the other two at only 6kb.  It shows up grayed put under iCloud when navigated to via Affinity, its as if it is only a partial file.  Has anyone managed to load this successfully?

Hi STL,

Yes macros file is only 6Kb. That's correct. You're probably trying to open the file directly as if it was a regular document. To import the Macros, create a new document (or open an existing one), go to the Macros Studio, tap the small menu icon on the Macros Studio header (on the left of the pin icon) and select Import Macros..... Select the file from the respective cloud service you have used to upload it and that's it. Tap the category button on the top of the Macros panel (says Default by default) and select Live Filters to display the imported macros. Same applies for the brushes, but here you have to import them from the Brushes Studio.