You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I sign in to claim (free) content??

I’ve had Affinity Photo for iPad and I also have Designer for Mac for quite some time. I’m trying to create an account, how do I do this? I would like to get the new enhancements. I cannot find “create new account” on the Affinity home page. 

‘Thanks for any advice. 

Claudia

• Staff

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to this page http://affin.co/ipad and click the Download your free content link below the Buy Affinity Photo now button, sign-in to the Affinity Store if you already have an account (in the Existing Customer? tab) or fill in you e-mail address to create a new one (in the New to Affinity? tab) and complete the rest of the form. Then click the Place Order button. You will be directed to a page from where you can download the files.

Hi, MEB.

My situation is different. I have an existing Affinity account for my purchase of AP for Windows.

I use a different email address for the App store, which is how I purchased AP for iPad.

Do I need to create a second account using the same email address I used to purchase the iPad version in order to obtain the bonuses? I checked and the iPad AP purchase does not show up in the account created for the Windows version. I do have the AP for iPad purchase (invoice) info though.

Sorry if that is confusing.

• Staff

Hi SnowQueen,

No, you don't need to create a second account in the Affinity Store. Use your existing account - the one used to buy the Windows version. So, go to this page http://affin.co/ipad and click the Download your free content link below the Buy Affinity Photo now button then sign-in to the Affinity Store with your existing e-mail/password (used to buy the Windows version - i'm assuming you bought it from our Affinity Store not the Microsoft Store) in the Existing Customer? tab. Click the green Place Order button that will appear in the next screen and you will be directed to a page from where you can download the free content.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to this page http://affin.co/ipad and click the Download your free content link below the Buy Affinity Photo now button, sign-in to the Affinity Store if you already have an account (in the Existing Customer? tab) or fill in you e-mail address to create a new one (in the New to Affinity? tab) and complete the rest of the form. Then click the Place Order button. You will be directed to a page from where you can download the files.

‘Thank you but it still does not recognize me. I have no problem signing here in the forums but it will not recognize me to the link you provided. 

• Staff

Hi Claudia,

Your Affinity Forum account here is not linked with the Affinity Store in any way - they are completely independent. Have you bought anything from the Affinity Store - our Designer/Photo Workbooks or the Windows versions of our apps - or claimed any free content previously (like the one we offered when we updated Affinity Photo/Designer to version 1.6)? If not, then you probably don't have an Affinity Store account yet. In that case you have to create a new account using "New to Affinity".

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi SnowQueen,

No, you don't need to create a second account in the Affinity Store. Use your existing account - the one used to buy the Windows version. So, go to this page http://affin.co/ipad and click the Download your free content link below the Buy Affinity Photo now button then sign-in to the Affinity Store with your existing e-mail/password (used to buy the Windows version - i'm assuming you bought it from our Affinity Store not the Microsoft Store) in the Existing Customer? tab. Click the green Place Order button that will appear in the next screen and you will be directed to a page from where you can download the free content.

Thanks MEB.

I’m kind of an iPad noob—if I download these files, where do they get stored and what do I do with them then? I saw the part about unpacking them by getting another free app (unzipper? type app?). I think I can figure that out. Maybe.

But, not sure where the files will be once I download them to my iPad. Or, should I download them to my computer first? Sorry for the dumb question. This part is all new to me. I do not use iCloud, but I do use Dropbox if it makes a difference. Very confused.

29 minutes ago, SnowQueen said:

I’m kind of an iPad noob—if I download these files, where do they get stored and what do I do with them then? I saw the part about unpacking them by getting another free app (unzipper? type app?). I think I can figure that out. Maybe.

I think you have full control, you should be able to choose where to download them at the time when you click the Download buttons/links - on your iPad storage, or on an online storage account (although I think iCloud is the default for an iPad, you might have to go through Other Locations or something if you have Dropbox installed on your iPad - sorry, don't have my iPad with me at the moment).

(You can have an iCloud account as well as Dropbox - might be worth considering for ease of transfer to/from your iPad - iCloud accessible from your computer at https://www.icloud.com/or you can download an iCloud app for Windows)

You can even purchase/download through your computer (directly to a Dropbox-mapped folder, perhaps, although I would recommend saving the downloads to an unmapped folder first and copying them to Dropbox afterwards).

Once you buy the (temporarily $0) purchase, you also get download links in your Affinity Store account (the Downloads & Product Keys section) for later access/downlaod.

Not sure you will need an unzipper app, I think the downloads are already in unzipped .afbrushes and .afmacros format (and PDFs for instructions and licensing files).

1 hour ago, SnowQueen said:

But, not sure where the files will be once I download them to my iPad. Or, should I download them to my computer first? Sorry for the dumb question. This part is all new to me. I do not use iCloud, but I do use Dropbox if it makes a difference. Very confused.

Just ran across this. You can add Dropbox to the default locations list in Files and hide iCloud - assumes you have already installed the Dropbox app on your iPad.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-add-dropbox-to-files-app-in-ios-11-on-iphone-ipad/

On 2/22/2018 at 2:41 PM, MEB said:

Hi Claudia,

Your Affinity Forum account here is not linked with the Affinity Store in any way - they are completely independent. Have you bought anything from the Affinity Store - our Designer/Photo Workbooks or the Windows versions of our apps - or claimed any free content previously (like the one we offered when we updated Affinity Photo/Designer to version 1.6)? If not, then you probably don't have an Affinity Store account yet. In that case you have to create a new account using "New to Affinity".

Thanks Meb for the reply. Yes I bought Designer for my Mac and Photo for my iPad. That’s all I have purchased. 

‘I cannot find “New to Affinity” on the Affinity website. 

44 minutes ago, cnell said:

I cannot find “New to Affinity” on the Affinity website. 

When you click or tap on the ‘Download your free content’ link (below the ‘Buy Affinity Photo now’ button) on the iPad update page, you should find that it takes you to an Affinity Store checkout page. There are two tabs near the bottom of that page, one of which is labelled ‘New to Affinity?’ (meaning ‘New to the Affinity Store?’).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)