You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Whereyaben,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can use the Donut Shape to build the donut - keep the full circle/donut initially and create another circle with the same radius of the outer circle of the donut to be used for the text path. Change to the Artistic Text tool, move the cursor over the circle to be used as a text path (the cursor will change to a "T" with a small wave below and start typing) - write "ircle" and set the text size so it matches the tickness of the ring of the donut shape. -. Adjust the text position on the circle as you see fit. Then select the donut shape, change to the Node Tool, drag the red nodes over the donut to open it so you have  space for the text. Rotate the donut shape as needed so it's open part matches the text position. See this file for reference: circle2.afdesign

NOTE: Text-on-a-path is only available in Affinity Designer. If you are using Affinity Photo this method will not work.

To learn more about text on a path in Affinity Designer check those video tutorials:

1 hour ago, MEB said:

NOTE: Text-on-a-path is only available in Affinity Designer. If you are using Affinity Photo this method will not work.

Text-on-a-path can only be created in Affinity Designer, but anyone using Affinity Photo can open your *.afdesign file and tweak it to their requirements. ^_^

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...

Alfred - how can i find the *.afdesign file? I have Photo only and need to create a circular text element in my project. Any help on this would be appreciated. In fact since this function is asked for sooo much why isn't there a definitive answer or workflow defined yet? Even better, have a tool in Photo to do such.

16 minutes ago, MICTIP said:

Alfred - how can i find the *.afdesign file? I have Photo only and need to create a circular text element in my project. Any help on this would be appreciated. In fact since this function is asked for sooo much why isn't there a definitive answer or workflow defined yet? Even better, have a tool in Photo to do such.

It is already answered. The feature is there in Affinity Designer. While editing your document in AD, you can create a text on a circle, then return to Affinity Photo to continue other edits in your document. This was obviously a conscious decision on the part of the devs. In order to be able to use the features of both Photo and Designer, you need to buy both Photo and Designer (DUH).

21 minutes ago, MICTIP said:

Or download Inkscape

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

9 minutes ago, shojtsy said:

In order to be able to use the features of both Photo and Designer, you need to buy both Photo and Designer (DUH).

Not so! You just need a little help from someone who owns the app that you don't have. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)