You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook bug

Just purchased the newly published Affinity Photo Workbook.

Unfortunately the print run for my copy has badly aligned folios - some pages are displayed upside down and in the wrong page order making it usable and unreadable.

For such an expensive book a final proofing of the print run before a full print run should have been undertaken as standard practice - but obviously was not done.

I hope this is not a reflection of the product software quality assurance testing as well?

• Staff

paul thomas,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Sorry, this is very disappointing. I hope this is a one off. We have opened a number of cartons at random when we took delivery and this is clearly not true of the majority of books. We will check through our remaining stock again.

Can you please email AffinityOrders@serif.com, mentioning the page numbers affected so we can talk to our printer about this. Then we will send you another complimentary book straight away.

<Edit> Sorry I see that you have emailed AffinityReturns@serif.com We can deal with this on that ticket, there is no need for an email to AffinityOrders@serif.com </Edit>

Edited by Patrick Connor
last line added

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Do the books have a batch number?

A particular batch may have been affected

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Do the books have a batch number?

A particular batch may have been affected

I will see. I think that the initial 20,000 were in one batch, but thanks for the thought. We will see what the printers say.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

@ArleneR

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

You need to email AffinityOrders@serif.com with photos of the book and your order number, and we will send you another. If you contact amazon they will insist on the item being returned, and I don't think that Serif will 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd