You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RYB color model

Hello

Is there any possibility of using the RYB color model in the Colour Pallete when creating colours, creating gradients or adding Chords to swatch?

As an example, when creating a gradient from yellow to blue, I would like to have green in between, and not grey. Grey is created because in the RGB model, Yellow is complementary to Blue.

But in "real" colours, I would get Green and not Grey.

As the RYB model is already present in the Paint Mixer Brush, it seems that I might be missing something.

Thank you

Macbook Pro // M2 16GB // Ventura 13.2.1 

• 4 weeks later...

This might have to do with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKnqECcg6Gw. TLDW: In most software colour blurring is not mathematically correct.

Tested the blurring of Green and Red blocks in Designer shows that even this awesome software is not handling this correctly (yet - see attached image).

Would love this to be an option in settings :)

redtogreen.png

1 hour ago, TheRealMe said:

This might have to do with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKnqECcg6Gw. TLDW: In most software colour blurring is not mathematically correct.

Tested the blurring of Green and Red blocks in Designer shows that even this awesome software is not handling this correctly (yet - see attached image).

Would love this to be an option in settings :)

redtogreen.png

Very interesting video. Thank you for sharing. It would be great to have this correction implemented on Affinity products.

But my issue is related with the primary colours in RYB and RGB wheels. Even with corrected blurring, yellow and blue will not blend to green but to grey, if you use RGB colour wheel as most, if not all, the softwares out there.

Macbook Pro // M2 16GB // Ventura 13.2.1