codefoster

Color profile help... everything is blue

I know next to nothing about color profiles, but I suspect that's the reason that my new drawing appears to have a light blue background. Anyone know how I fix this?

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, codefoster said:

I know next to nothing about color profiles, but I suspect that's the reason that my new drawing appears to have a light blue background. Anyone know how I fix this?

When you say the background has a light blue colour cast, it is possible that it's actually a cyan colour cast?  Does your pure white background look like this:

001.thumb.png.3f48214949059edab6b7ca7f6c2f2e31.png

If so, it may be worth going through my post at the below link:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/54099-white-isnt-white/&do=findComment&comment=274665

Although the issue in that link may sound different as it's dealing with a magenta colour cast, it could be the same root cause (I.E. The problem is due to an issue with your monitor ICC/ICM colour profile) just with the problem being in the red channel rather than the green channel.

Cyan colour cast = Not enough red
Magenta colour cast = Not enough green
Yellow colour cast = Not enough blue

It's worth noting the posters' final post regarding 'Display 1' and 'Display 2' in that thread if you use two monitors.

If this isn't the issue, then it may be worth posting a screenshot.

Fixed now. Thank you. I didn't know where to find that Color settings in the Document Setup. I noticed that new documents that I create are fine, but it's all of the old stuff that I made that had the cyan tint. In a new document, my color profile was "Display P3". The old documents had "LCD Color Management and Conversion" but changing them to Display P3 fixed it right up. I need a good tutorial on color management and profiles. It's a complex topic! Thanks again.

I don't think your documents should have a profile named for a monitor. It's the monitor that needs to have that profile, as described in the topic that @- S - referred you to.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Never use a monitor profile for documents, objects, images or something else!

A monitor profile is used for the monitor and For nothing else. If an image, document or whatever has an sRGB profile, these colour values will be „modified“ according to the monitor profile in order to display correctly on your individual(!) display. So, your document will be displayed fine, even if the monitor hardware produces divergent (incorrect) colours.

Assigning monitor profiles to images, documents, … will cause heavy issues — especially (but not only), when displayed on other screens. For documents, images, … only choose output profiles like sRGB, AdobeRGB, ISO coated, …