You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Punching is pinching and pinching is punching

Also on this note, though I'm definitely not an authority on this but the icons for the two look awfully similar, with only the dot-sized triangles indicating which one is which. Would it be a good idea to also indicate the function through the shape? It is a bit counterintuitive that for punching the shape on the icon is the same, concave one as for pinching.

• Staff

Hey andrew_p,

I think the icons are the wrong way around. On the desktop versions, the arrows facing out are for Pinch. The arrows facing inward are for Punch, which is right.

If you press the ? icon in the bottom right on the iPad, you will see the icon label but the arrows are suggesting the wrong action. I'll log this with development.

On 7/24/2017 at 10:43 AM, andrew_p said:

In the liquefy persona, pinching punches and punching pinches. 

pinchpunch.pdf

It looks like 1.6.4 beta 4 has fixed the issue, see if it still occurs on the latest beta.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/44517-affinity-photo-for-ipad-164-beta-4/

- Swap the liquify pinch / punch icons.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.