You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IOS app design - How do I create codes from my design?

Hi!

I have designed a IOS app with Affinity Designer. But I have no experience or ability to learn to code, so I was wondering if there is an easy way to converters my designs created in Affinity Designer into codes that I can enter in Xcode? Do I need another program that costs an entire fortune to create the codes in the need for the app to work? Are there any plugins for or free software that can be used in conjunction with Affinity Designer?

You can’t seriously expect that some magic application creates a professional program for you that just works. Any program – just as Affinity Designer – is just a tool, and a tool can only create as good a result as the person using it. So, if you have no incentive to learn to code then hire a professional developer who knows how to do it. Otherwise there is (currently) no way to create something substantial. As the saying goes: you get what you pay for.

• Staff

That tool certainly wouldn't cost just $50.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hi, Prima,

What you are trying to do is actually fairly complex. Xcode helps makes it easier to put together executable code, and I suppose somewhere there is an option to load the graphics you have designed. But you will at least have to learn the Xcode environment, which is extensive. And you probably would benefit greatly from learning something about the code it generates. I think everything needed is free w. the Xcode download. You might need to pay a developer fee to load the resulting app onto a device.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Well you can at least use AD in a similar way like this one here for rapid design prototyping via Xcode storyboards. - But for building full blown iOS apps learning a little bit more here, namely about programming (maybe Swift would be easier here for you instead of ObjC or C++) and Xcode usage in general doesn't hurt.

There is still a difference between programmers and designers! :)

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2