You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recreate effect blue glow over letters

Because I'm new to this forum, first I want to say hello to everyone ;)

About six years ago I made logo project for "Forum Astronomiczne.pl" (below is screenshot)

I made it with Photoshop and some tutorial, but I can't find it now (maybe it event doesn't exist any more...)

Does anyone know how to recreate that glow effect over letters if Affinity Photo? Or maybe know where is tutorial showing how to make that effect?

Daniel.

post-228-137699798917.png

I think you can get this easily in Affinity Photo (AP) via the Effects panel and the outer/inner glow effects used on text there. - I don't have AP but instead AD (Affinity Designer) and here is how it would look like there ...

• post-49706-0-75810500-1486949085_thumb.png

... and if you draw a little bit of that blueish cosmic fog underneath, it should look similar.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I use both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer,one for art design and the other,for photos,unless i can mix and match (use both for one particular project),but i tried this what your asking,in Affinity Photo,and what I did was make two text layers (two copies) of the same text and put both with outer glow effect,and with the bottom text layer I turned it mostly Gaussian blur,so that the top layer gets that extra "umph" lol .

Edit Again:

You can also add (which I just now realized what looks to be also on the text you shared,a "outline" around the main text too. Like this.

C7CTaxv.png

post-51788-0-25686100-1486957883_thumb.png

Hi kolaborek,

I tried quickly to get the desired effect.

For the text, no problem, just two copies slightly offset and recolored.

For the effect (deformed glow) at the back, I drew in the pen behind the text a shape to which I applied gaussian blur and an external glow.

To adjust it correctly it is enough to adjust the position of the nodes, I just created a draft.

I hope this can help.

post-37692-0-76415400-1486990348_thumb.png

Pedro that's great way of doing it.  How about a short tutorial on it for us learners. to watch and learn your skills. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Pedro that's great way of doing it.  How about a short tutorial on it for us learners. to watch and learn your skills. John

Hi pioneer, and to all,

As I mention (based in your suggestion), here's the tutorial on how to create the glow effect in letters. Since the idea came from this topic I decided to use the same theme with minor changes like the text. You can see it in this link (it has english subtitles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejB93TiS4mU

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,

Pedro

Photographer, Designer, Climber & Happy Gardener