Hey guys!

Is there a way of removing the anchor points whenever I draw a line using the pencil tool?

I could not find that option in preferences, but perhaps there is one?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you're asking for a visual solution to "hiding" points or actual removal of points...

To hide points and paths on a selected object just press the spacebar, it toggles the viewing of these things... on or off. Handy when applying effects.

To remove points, yes, a robust simplify path feature is needed especially after expanding a stroke or any boolean operation.

Illustrator has a simplify path feature as well as a couple "astute" plugins that allow you to interactively remove points without changing the overall shape... something like that built in to AD would be a great addition and would go a long way to attracting serious path pushers...

@retrograde, It's the first (hiding the nodes).

Just for reference: the OP was referring to hiding points from paths as an option when using the Pencil Tool - similar to drawing with the Pencil Tool in Flash (i know this from a talk we have through PM's and from this post). The spacebar is just a workaround since its intended to quickly activate panning (not to hide controls/nodes) and it does not do it permanently as i believe @Mt. is requesting.

Thanks for the tip, retrograde. However, like MEB mentioned, I wanted a way to optionally remove the anchor points whenever a line was drawn using the Pencil tool. Thanks, guys! ;)