You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 month later...

Let me add here, that there often even isn't a parity between PS and PSE for many features and that PS Actions in general are also not safe usable across own PS language localisation versions. ATN action files do use a proprietary binary format and even that format is slightly documented, it is hard to parse and make any valuable use out of it for external other programs. The possible auto layer namings, commands and function execution steps inside of ATN files are absolutely Photoshop related and thus there won't be easy to adapt equivalents available in other bitmap software.

In the past I had to adapt/convert certain with english PS versions built action files, in order to reuse them with foreign other localized language PS/PSE versions and from that programming experience I can tell that it is no easy task to deal with ATN files at all.

So IMO it will be much better if Serif will build it's own custom (for their Affinity products tailor-made) scripting/macro action format here, which then hopefully will also be localisation safe usable across Affinity localized language versions!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2