You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

100% CPU usage after HDR Merge (1.5 RC5)

I think I have spotted a bug.

After an HDR Merge (3 images at 42MP), AP beta sticks at 100% CPU usage.

I waited for more than a minute, but it kept on at 100% 

After saving the result to a file, CPU usage dropped back to the normal 2-3% (for an idle application).

Hardware: Retina MacBook Pro @ 2.6GHz (16GB RAM), with an external 27" Dell monitor attached

Check the screenshot.

post-12118-0-74512100-1481218354_thumb.jpg

mfsignature.jpg

• Staff

With your images, it did seem to take a bit longer but it did come down on its own. Interestingly, it went right back up again as I tried to close the document. Is this interfering with your workflow, as in does it reduce performance if you attempt to do something else?

With your images, it did seem to take a bit longer but it did come down on its own. Interestingly, it went right back up again as I tried to close the document. Is this interfering with your workflow, as in does it reduce performance if you attempt to do something else?

I did not try to continue editing in this state. I preferred to save my work, and saving seems to solve this issue.

However, having one runaway thread is a serious threat to battery life.

mfsignature.jpg

How many cores does your MBPr have and did all of them show 100%? If not and if it have 2 cores 100% means 50% load and if it has 4 cores 100% means 25% load. 

/CekariYH

English is a funny language, seldom it spells the words like I do...

How many cores does your MBPr have and did all of them show 100%? If not and if it have 2 cores 100% means 50% load and if it has 4 cores 100% means 25% load. 

It is clear from the screenshot, that only one thread is affected.

But one thread that remains at 100% forever, while doing nothing, is clearly an indication of a bug.

mfsignature.jpg

• Staff

There is definitely something not right but it seems isolated to you. It's very odd that it releases it after a save too. I've tried on 3 different machines and the CPU drops back to a reasonable idle percentage. Are you changing any of the settings in the HDR Merge dialog? 

There is definitely something not right but it seems isolated to you. It's very odd that it releases it after a save too. I've tried on 3 different machines and the CPU drops back to a reasonable idle percentage. Are you changing any of the settings in the HDR Merge dialog? 

As far as I can remember, I had image aligning enabled. 

I have access to many Macs.

I will first try to see if I can replicate it on a 27" iMac 5K (Late 2015, AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB).

​I also have a 13" Retina MBP (Early 2015) and 13" MacBook Air (Early 2015).

Or you can pick: http://browser.geekbench.com/user/7742

mfsignature.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.