You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just bought affinity for Mac. It was stated that after purchase I will receive an email with a product key so I could install it on a second computer. I have never received this email. It was stated that alternately I can sign into my account to retrieve the product keys. I never signed up for an account and there is no place on your website to do so. I found a place where I can sign into an existing account which asks for a password which I don't have because I never set up an account. Please tell me how I can retrieve my product key. .

• Staff

I assume you purchased Affinity for Mac via the Mac App store as that's the only place we sell the Mac version. The Mac App store doesn't use product keys but will allow you to install on multiple computers that share the same App Store account. Just goto "Purchases" on the other Mac and you should be able to install it.

• Staff

Hi Jafom,

Welcome to the Forums :)

You will only receive an account or product keys if you buy the Windows version of our apps, the Mac version is tied to your Apple ID. To install it on a second Mac you will need to log into the Mac App Store with the same account you used to purchase the app. Once you have done that you can re-download Affinity from the purchases tab :)

EDIT: Looks like Tony was too quick for me! 

C

Edited by Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 year later...

I have tried the above and it will download fine but when I go to start it is asking for the email address and product key. I am using the key that shows on my Downloads and Product Key page and Apple ID as one combo and the product key and my Affinity logon email as well. Neither is being accepted. any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

39 minutes ago, Rob D said:

I have tried the above and it will download fine but when I go to start it is asking for the email address and product key. I am using the key that shows on my Downloads and Product Key page and Apple ID as one combo and the product key and my Affinity logon email as well. Neither is being accepted. any help would be appreciated.

Mac store purchases, downloads and installations are all managed by Apple, not Serif so you would really need to contact Apple. I think that only they can help :(

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

10 hours ago, Rob D said:

From what you said about the Downloads and Product Key page, I assume you bought the app directly from the Affinity Store, not the Mac App Store. Is that correct?

If so, your Apple ID won't work -- Serif has no way of knowing what anybody's Apple ID is for security reasons. Also, the email address you use to log onto these forums can be different from the one you used to create your Affinity Store account.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7