You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Update: resolved with beta update!) Pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to work with UC-Logic pen tablet

I decided to try out Affinity Photo today and found that pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to work at all for me. I'm aware of how to setup brushes to use pressure in the brush settings dynamics section and also tried using the "Force pressure to control size" button, but nothing seems to work. I use a Monoprice rebranded UC-Logic tablet (the PF1209). While one may be quick to say, "I've never heard of UC-Logic/Monoprice tablets; you can't expect that to work since it isn't Wacom," the thing is that this tablet works with anything that supports Wacom tablets. Both Wacom and UC-Logic tablets, as well as many other brand tablets, use the same WinTab API that programs use to support tablets. Any program using this standard, which Affinity Photo seems to since it loads WinTab32.dll, should more or less be able to work with any tablet that's designed to use it, which this tablet does. I use this tablet without issue in Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Maya, Paint Tool Sai, and ZBrush. It even works with Wacom's extremely unusual WebTablet plugin for Firefox. While I can't claim to know how exactly Affinity's tablet support is programmed specifically, there shouldn't be any reason my tablet wouldn't work with it.

With that said, pressure sensitivity is something that's 100% crucial to me in a program like Affinity Photo. I hope the pressure sensitivity issue is something that's being investigated because it seems to be an issue affecting many people. I'm just posting to say I'm another one of those people for whom pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to work and that it seems to be an issue that affects more than just Wacom tablets.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.