You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Made a Selection hit Edit Copy and Affinity Crashed

Affinity Photo 1.5.0.37 (Beta) Windows 8.1 64bit. I made a selection with the Selection Brush, which went well but going to Edit/Copy the program crashed. I repeated the operation several times but got the same result.

This was disappointing as on earlier versions I created several composite images flawlessly. Please advise.

post-39841-0-93362800-1479398097_thumb.png

Hi Jeff,

I've tried with a variety of images but can't reproduce the crash. Have you also tried different images? Could you attach an image or two you are experiencing the crash on so I can try and reproduce it?

Thanks 

Here's the photo. I selected the girls and seat on the right. Crashed on selecting Edit/Copy. It happens with all photos tried. Now I cannot find how to attach photo!

Hi Jeff282,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's how to attach a file/image to the post. If the format you are trying to upload is not supported (throws an error), zip it first to work around this limitation.

I did post the image after all, it landed in the first post, at top. As a point of interest, I used an early version of Affinity Designer to select and copy/paste an image to create a composite with no problem. The new composite is attached.

post-39841-0-12702600-1479505889_thumb.jpg

I did post the image after all, it landed in the first post, at top. As a point of interest, I used an early version of Affinity Designer to select and copy/paste an image to create a composite with no problem. The new composite is attached.

My Error. See next post.

post-39841-0-14808300-1479508812_thumb.jpg

I found a workaround for the problem of using the Edit menu causing the crash (Not Responding).

By using the keys: Ctrl+C to copy. (I then loaded a new photo.) And Ctrl+V (Paste copied selection) I was able to create a composite without Affinity Photo crashing. Resulting image attached. I did not bother to clean up and match the images.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.