You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add "auto" features to adjust/live layers control panels

Photo has toolbar buttons for Auto levels, contrast, color and white balance. These seem to be destructive. I suggest that where applicable you put an auto button, with possible options, into the adjust/live layer control panel to setup the auto setting on the existing controls. This is non destructive and also provides the user ability to tweak the auto settings. For example, Photoshop has an auto button in levels adjustments with many types of auto adjustments one can choose from.

It would seem to me that if it is useful to have a toolbar button for such adjustments then it could be even more useful to have those adjustments be available in non destructive layer(s) that are user tweakable. Some of those four items should fit into currently available adjust/live layers.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I strongly second this wish. I have seen messages from others who posted that a good Auto-Level is one of the key points when they want to switch from Photoshop. I also find myself using the AUTO functions in Adobe Camera Raw, as well the Auto-Level in Photoshop very often. In many times they deliver very satisfying results which do need only little adjustment if any.

Can you please add a non-destructive Auto-Level, which can be edited by the user and give similar good results like in Photoshop?

EDIT: I saw too late that this is an old forum here. Reposted in the new forum...