You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First try with Affinity

As a (serious, yes Maam!) hobby Photograph, I discovered the program yesterday, installed it today and have been testing it for about one hour!

So, I do not master it yet!

My first impression are:

1) I like the program and I find it easy and intuitive to use.

2) I love the many video tutorials which are clear and effective, allowing to start "fast".

On the down side (today after one hour test):

1) My (cannon) raws do not apear as icons (image) when opening a mother file, whereas jpegs do produce images. This makes it difficult to choose a precise (raw) image in the files I want to open.

2) I miss a clear description of the loaded image, with all details. A description does apear when you select the hand tool, but is kept too short for me...

That's all for now!

Bernard

Hi Bernard welcome to the forum

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying the software so far. Just to address your two points, by icons im guessing you are referring to the thumbnail icons when in windows explorer? We don't do anything special to the icon see we rely on Windows being able to provide a preview thumbnail from them. For a decription of the loaded image we do have a dedicate exif panel. If you are in the Develop Persona this is nested in the top right corner. If you are in the Photo persona you can reveal it by going to view > studio > EXIF

Hope that helps you out a little :)

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

OK, everybody, thanks for your answers...

I now download the microsoft package for windows (7 in my case).

I have not cared up to now, since the software I use (Digital photo Prof.) shows all Raw thumbnails ("thumbnails"! thats the word I was looking for!) directly.

I will report after download and installation.

For the description of the file I have noted your info and will check. As explained, I have only started to "inspect" the program and by far not

checked everything. Nevertheless, I noted this because, as said, I found the program use very "intuitive", reason why I reacted immediately.

Nevertheless, I would find it an advantage to be able to check this data directly from the photo you are working on (in a right click menu, for ex.).

regards

Bernard

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.