You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 15)

Thanks for the file Tekikou. I'm having trouble replicating the issue in your video. The elements are being rendered in the correct positions. Revalidating the X field doesn't change anything in the drawing as it's happening in your clip (i'm using v1.5 RC1 here). Does it happen after you restart the app (or after doing a reset)?

It does  :(

AD_bug.mov

• Staff

Hi Tekikou,

As far as i can see this is working as designed. What's going on is that the X, Y coordinates of the objects are not integer values. If you go to Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section and change the number to 6 in the Points field (Decimal Places for Unit Type section), you will be able to see them in the input field in the Transform panel (Affinity is actually more precise than that but for UI/display purposes we only display six decimal places). When you "revalidate" the values clicking in the input field and pressing Enter you are actually discarding them (despite them not being visible due to the preference mentioned), rounding to the whole value (integer). The slight changes you see on the canvas are the visual result of that rounding.

If you enable snapping (Snap to grid - for a pt based grid) when positioning/drawig the elements you can prevent this.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.