You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export persona: exact slice dimensions

Just a question: is it possible to set exact dimensions for a slice to be exported? For example, I have a slice of an artwork and I want it to be exported in 200px width, 300px widht and 400px width (height keeps aspect ratio). Is this doable? And if not, is it planned?

Thank you! ;)

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Thanks MEB, yes, I'm using current 1.5 Beta.

I am only able to set User scale in the slice detail dialog, or choose one of the predefined scaling factors from the drop down, but I just can't figure, how to set the pixel dimensions.

Any help appreciated :) Thank you!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

• Staff

You have to use an absolute size, not a size scaling. So for example if you want to export a particular slice with a width of 400px you have to input 400w.

If you want to add more sizes to that particular slice click on the plus marked on screenshot and add another one. You can also define a height instead of the width. In that case just enter 400h.

See the example on the screenshot - it will export slice1 in three sizes (widths): 200px, 300px and 400px.

post-59-0-62926600-1471473517_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot, MEB! I couldn't figure out what the "w" and "h" after the number meant... Now it's clear!

I think this would deserve some tutorial by the time 1.5 will have been released in MAS ;)

• Staff

Hi kirk23,

If you select a slice with the Slice Tool (Export Persona) you can enter its dimensions in the Transform panel. Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

You can also use the X,Y coordinates to position it precisely or the ←→↑↓ (cursor keys) to nudge the slice after set its dimensions.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.