You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

can't export file when the image outside the canvas

• Staff

Hi lenuis,

I believe this is by design. I assume you have the 'Selection without background' option checked?

Although you do have the object selected, it needs to be on the canvas to be visible in the export because a standard document is clipped. Even if you turn off 'Clip to Canvas' it still doesn't work as it is for display purposes.

If you do the same on an Artboard, the export will be fine because they are not clipped. I hope this makes sense?

Hi lenuis,

I believe this is by design. I assume you have the 'Selection without background' option checked?

Although you do have the object selected, it needs to be on the canvas to be visible in the export because a standard document is clipped. Even if you turn off 'Clip to Canvas' it still doesn't work as it is for display purposes.

If you do the same on an Artboard, the export will be fine because they are not clipped. I hope this makes sense?

i use the export persona to export the  different layer, some of it outside the canvas.and yeah i turn off 'clip to canvas' ....

thank you for make sense, but i still hope it can export the image outside the canvas which i select. :)

i use the export persona to export the  different layer, some of it outside the canvas.and yeah i turn off 'clip to canvas' ....

thank you for make sense, but i still hope it can export the image outside the canvas which i select. :)

Is there a particular reason why you prefer not to change the document size so that nothing is outside the canvas? You can easily change it back again (or close without saving) if you don't want the change to be permanent. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.