You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Minor Bug 2 - Right click while dragging cause some bug.

Hi guys,

I am comparing Designer to Corel Draw so i find something funny.

On Draw when you drag an object or guide line and right click while dragging them it clone the object and make a copy of it.

As a reflex i try to clone a guideline same way and that small info box( which shows the position of the guideline) starts to follow my mouse clicks and position itself to the cursors location in the document. It continue doing so and does not disappear unless i right click again.

BTW: I could suggest you same right click while dragging option for cloning elements. It's really useful when you used to it.hnzEiCW.png

Win 10 Home - 64 Bit on Asus X55A (original specs except SSD)

All I am seeing here is the usual context menu, which, as expected, I have to click again to close. 

Ctrl + Drag is the usual shortcut in Serif Apps to clone objects, but it does not work with guidelines (that might be useful). 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

OK, so I tried with a Photo type document, 

I see the guide position while dragging the guide only. If I right-click while still dragging the guide, then the popup stays in view. 

I think, if you wanted to clone a guide, you would not do it while still moving it. Nevertheless, I suppose this is a bug. If you left-click on the guide to move it, the popup will start updating it's position again. 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

Yes but clicking again is not working somehow :/ It follows cursor as much as you click :)

iAuQSFG.jpg

All I am seeing here is the usual context menu, which, as expected, I have to click again to close. 

Ctrl + Drag is the usual shortcut in Serif Apps to clone objects, but it does not work with guidelines (that might be useful). 

Win 10 Home - 64 Bit on Asus X55A (original specs except SSD)

...BTW: I could suggest you same right click while dragging option for cloning elements. It's really useful wen you used to it.

+1 for the right-click clone suggestion.

The same shortcut also is used in Xara Designer and becomes completely intuitive, particularly when using a graphics tablet and pen.

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

+1 for right click and drag to clone. I also used this in Xara and it's great!

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.