You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD can't save pdf file with pantone with linear transparency.

If in AD there is any pantone (for example pantone 110 C) shape with linear transparency over other shape, it when I export this file to pdf - pdf/x-1a. AD can't save file on the disc. Folder on the disc is empty. 

Because problem occurs periodically please about verifications.

spot.afdesign

Hi lewaw1

This is mainly caused by the transparency, the pantone colour isn;t really a factor. The issue here is that the PDFX1-a spec doesn't support transparency so it requires it to be flattened (rasterised) instead. The app is supposed to throw up an error to say the PDF cannot be exported but obviously this doesn't appear so I shall get this logged. I may also put in a suggestion to auto flatten transparency when exporting to PDF x1-a.

If you wish to keep the object and transparency editable I would recommend using either PDF X3 or X4, unless ou are tied into the x1-a format

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 only allow flattened transparency. PDF/X-4 allows live (unflattened) transparency.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.