You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Urgently: "Solid color for UV lacquering / UV paint color"

Guest northstar

Hello,

can you please help me?

For a print-flyer I want to use partial UV lacquering. In the description of the print shop is the hint, that I should ceate a color (solid color) with 100% Magenta and call this "paint". And the elements that I would have UV lacquering, I should duplicate and color with the new color "paint".

I am not sure to make this. I tried to create a global color and called this "paint". But if  I export to PDF, the color is simply renamed or is no longer available as an extra color in PDF named "paint".

What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

Thank you very much for helping,

north

• Staff

Welcome to the forums Northstar :)

It seems like they're asking for all objects that require UV to have 100% Magenta applied to it. So, if you have some black text on your flyer and you also want the UV effect applying to it when printed, you would need to duplicate it and apply 100% Magenta to the duplicated object.

I've done UV printing in the past and printers normally ask for UV objects to have 100% K only. They also ask for a separate PDF which contains just the UV info. Did your printers give you any more information?

Guest northstar

Hello Leigh,

thanky you very much for try to help.

The Print Shop has given me this information:

Please proceed as follows: First, create a solid color that is 100 percent magenta and rename it with "paint". Color spot color with this "paint" Now the items, which you want painted and assign the attribute "overprinting" to.

I do not have to crate 2 files. Only one file in that I have to dublicate the objects want to uv and color them with 100% magenta. but it is important to rename the 100% magenat as "paint".

Link to the print-shop:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wir-machen-druck.de%2Fdetail_info.htm%3Fc%3D25147&sandbox=1

The Problem:

If I do that in affinity with global color and export the file as pdf, affinity rename the 100% magenta "paint" to the standard cmyk set.

You know I mean?

In the attachement I sent the file.

Thx

north

• Staff

The File has a Spot Colour set to 100% Magenta but it's not called paint. You need to right click the Spot Colour in the Swatches Panel and select Rename Spot. Here is where you can give it the name paint.

Guest northstar

Ok, I am to stupid!

The last file I uploaded does not have a spot color named "Lack" ?

(Did not used "paint" in the last file. Did use "Lack")

Can you look please again?

What I do wrong?

It is very hard for me in Adobe Illustrator it was no problem worked some years with that. In affinity I am not able to do that simple thing.

:wacko: