You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Style transfer between two images

I have the two attached images and want to transfer illumination, color palette etc to from the soldatino to the ballerina, so the second is more similar (coming from different pictures).

I have tried "AI" online tools to do this and also transport the painintg style, but seems not woking well, so just trying to achieve the best I can on AP.

Tried using LUT transfer, with almost no difference, using swatches and color grades give a very wrong result.

Wanted to kindly ask if there is something else might sense trying.

soldatino_upscayl_16x_realesrgan-x4plus-anime.png

Ballerina 2.png

Affinity Photo, Publisher, Designer, PagePlus, ShaderMap Pro, Davinci Resolve, HitFilm Pro, Unreal, Unigine, 3ds Max, Maya Bifrost, Houdini, 3D-Coat.

Windows 10 and 11 Pro.

It depends on how you created the image edit, but give it a try Copy and Paste Style. 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I didn't changed anything in the image colors or styling, I just deleted the background around the figure and resized it for my needs, so copyng the Style and FX will not have any effect.

Affinity Photo, Publisher, Designer, PagePlus, ShaderMap Pro, Davinci Resolve, HitFilm Pro, Unreal, Unigine, 3ds Max, Maya Bifrost, Houdini, 3D-Coat.

Windows 10 and 11 Pro.

You can create a colour palette from an image and then use those colours to paint over the ballerina onto a pixel layer with a blend mode set to something like darker colour. You can also use selections and then the recolour adjustment filter.

https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/Panels/swatchesPanel.html

Generating a palette from document

You can generate a palette from the colours used throughout your document.

Panel Preferences To generate a palette from document:

• Click Panel Preferences and choose an option from Create Palette from Document.

A new palette is created (named after the document) using all the colours currently in the document.

Generating a palette from an image

You can generate a palette of colours from any supported image file.

Panel Preferences To generate a palette from an image:

• Click Panel Preferences and choose Create Palette From Image.
  • From the Create Palette From Image dialog, click Select Image or click-drag an image onto the dialog to load it.
  • Change the Number of Colours slider to generate more or fewer colours from the selected image.
  • Use the Location option to specify whether the generated palette should be system-wide (Mac only), app-wide, or limited to the current document. You can also add the colours to the current active palette too.
  • Click Create to complete the palette generation.

Screenshot2024-04-28at19_49_34.thumb.png.7aa2a549533bdbc92a9fd1390b1ce576.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I would adjust both with curves, set to LAB mode.

the soldanino is too dark, reaching only 75% brightness. Darkening the ballerina so much will not look right.

IMG_0994.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

In the end I corrected the "soldatino" light curve so that become more in line with the ballerina.

Windows 10 and 11 Pro.