You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi There - I really dislike the Styles provided in the updates of Affinity Designer V.2.  Is there any way of obtaining the older version styles, a great selection of 3D neon colours???  Like can we purchase them somewhere?  I know we can create our own, but they don't turn out anywhere near as good (at least mine don't)! Hope someone can help.  Thanks

Hi @caroline daniell,

Like GarryP said if you have AD V1 you can export them and then import into V2. If you don't have V1 here's the Styles from AD v1. ;)

Default.afstyles

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Ok thanks. I must have had V1 if I had these styles. But then I upgraded to V2 as recommended & have no idea what's happened to V1.   How do I find it - I must have it somewhere? If not, is there any other way l can get hold of them? This  is a pic of the defaults I'm after.  Any suggestions appreciated. ThanksScreenshot_20240423_194637_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c4677a57273267538a324e4fe8680ee3.jpg

10 minutes ago, caroline daniell said:

I must have had V1 if I had these styles. But then I upgraded to V2 as recommended & have no idea what's happened to V1.   How do I find it - I must have it somewhere?

Purchases from the Affinity Store can be downloaded via the ‘Downloads & Product Keys’ page when you’re logged in to the store. If you have a separate note of your product key, you can use the relevant one of the links below (so you don’t even need to log in).

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/designer/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

35 minutes ago, caroline daniell said:

I must have had V1 if I had these styles. But then I upgraded to V2 as recommended & have no idea what's happened to V1.   How do I find it - I must have it somewhere?

The V1 preference files might still exist in your system folder. (The location depends on your operating system + its version + the used Affinity store for app purchase/installation).

If you did not delete the related V1 folder then this two posts might help to get wanted V1 content transferred to V2:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1