You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The file includes features from a later version of Affinity.

What dates do you see when you ‘Get Info’ for the file?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 3/26/2024 at 6:39 PM, Alfred said:

What dates do you see when you ‘Get Info’ for the file?

Created: Saturday, April 15, 2023

Modified: May 3, 2023

I’m confused, not that it takes much! In your original post you wrote that you last worked on the file in 2020, but you obviously couldn’t have worked on it way back then if it was only created in 2023.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble @doi & our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

If you have a previous version of Affinity V1 apps still installed on your device, you may find that your documents are automatically opening within V1 - even if the document was created or saved using V2.

Unfortunately the Affinity apps don't support backwards compatibility, meaning files created in V2 cannot be opened in V1, and any V1 files that have subsequently been opened and saved within V2 can no longer be returned to V1.

Therefore can you please ensure you have opened the Affinity Designer 2 app directly, then use File > Open from within the app and select this file - does this now open as expected for you please?

If you're still seeing this error, can you navigate to Affinity Designer 2 > About and let me know the version number that is shown?

If possible, a copy of the document attached to your reply that shows this error would also be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

9 hours ago, Dan C said:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble @doi & our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

If you have a previous version of Affinity V1 apps still installed on your device, you may find that your documents are automatically opening within V1 - even if the document was created or saved using V2.

Unfortunately the Affinity apps don't support backwards compatibility, meaning files created in V2 cannot be opened in V1, and any V1 files that have subsequently been opened and saved within V2 can no longer be returned to V1.

Therefore can you please ensure you have opened the Affinity Designer 2 app directly, then use File > Open from within the app and select this file - does this now open as expected for you please?

If you're still seeing this error, can you navigate to Affinity Designer 2 > About and let me know the version number that is shown?

If possible, a copy of the document attached to your reply that shows this error would also be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance :)

Hello Dan C. 

I had recently clean-installed everything on my mac, but had unwittingly installed V1 Affinity apps. I just installed the V2 apps and it everything is working as it should. Thanks!