You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saw this from a video from the affinity YouTube channel and wanted to know how this was done, since had asked and someone told me it was brushes maybe but they weren't 100% sure. So I wanted to know if someone knows how to do so and if you could show a small tutorial if possible since I wanted to test this on a project in affinity designer v2 and in affinity photo. Hopefully I put this in the area of the forums to ask for help.

Screenshot_20240225-101107-519.png

Edited by TheEditorCharles

4 minutes ago, TheEditorCharles said:

Hopefully I put this in the area of the forums to ask for help.

This ‘Resources’ area is for sharing … er … resources. Perhaps a moderator will move your question to the Questions area. :)

I’m inclined to agree that the effect shown in your example was probably achieved with the help of a brush.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

For me it looks like basic curves with fill.

The low-quality jpeg does not give enough information about the fill colors (solid, gradients, more complex colors) due to heavy compression artifacts.

I cant directly spot brush work.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

I made a quick shape of the curve, picket the blue color.

Then copied the curve and adjusted the position and curvature and picket the other colors (repeatedly).

Color rope.PNG

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Hi there! My name is Jim and I run Chroma Supply and I think I can help with this! (Thanks for the shout out @GripsholmLion 🙌 )

Our Multicolor Brush Bundle for Affinity is a massive set of brushes and swatches (and styles!) that will help you achieve this and many other similar looks. They are now available in the Affinity add-on store:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/product/multicolor-brush-bundle-by-chroma-supply/

Feel free to let me know if you have other questions. You can also email us directly at info@chromasupply.com.

Jim LePage
Chroma Supply Founder
chromasupply.com