You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest ticket template 9.4x 6.6cm.   everything created  in Designer apart from Elvis image and creating the page numbering in and printing from publisher.  Size is designed to give me an n-up print of 9 to an A4 page on a colour laser.

ticketslarge3_7.jpg.f002ff9c9eb801cdbbec107b5c947a45.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

I hope you don't mind these comments, but I think you are looking for what we think rather than simply praise.

As the image on the screen here is larger than the physical print size of the tickets on your printer, I wonder if that outer border will display well. Though as prints often have more dots per inch than a screen display maybe it will work fine.

The year has not been included. Nor has which day of the week is Friday 12th April 2024.

You refer to the Elvis image. Is that Elvis or the performer?

I opine that the £15 should be on a separate line by itself. Is PP per person?

The N is ... well, why not just put AND

It is up to the club how it runs these things but I always think it unfortunate when two things are combined in one package wth no options. Here it seems that if someone who has a dietary issue but would like to see the tribute act is stuck. The person might be vegan, or vegetarian, or have a low fat diet or have swallowing issues and not eat outside their home and/or have a clinical-style soft diet. Maybe it is a small friendly club and it could be worked out but a ticket for the show at £x and an optional meal at £y would seem to me to be a better way of doing it all. Yet, of course, you are presenting your artwork, not seeking advice on the modalities of putting on a show.

The N is ... well, why not just put AND

I hope this helps.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

As with William, I’m a little concerned that some of the details, especially in the borders and some of the text, may be lost (fuzzy) when it’s printed. Have you tried a test print of one ticket to see how it will look?

Some other concerns I have are:

• There seem to be some inconsistencies in the gaps between some border elements. For example, look at the difference in the size of the gap between the two brown borders at the left, top and right. Same with the ‘brick border’ at some points.
  • You seem to have used different corner types at different places on the borders. For example, to the top-right of “07” the corner is rounded but the corner to the top-left of “TICKET” is squared. I don’t know if this was a conscious decision or not or whether it’s what you want or not.
  • The top-most ‘leaf’ of the ‘fan’ behind the singer is brown.
  • I’m not convinced that the colours of the ‘fan’ are a good choice but that’s your decision.
  • The “Gary King” text doesn’t seem to be following the curve of the ring it’s in.
  • Reducing the space between the “O” and “W” in “SHOWTIME” might be good.

6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Reducing the space between the “O” and “W” in “SHOWTIME” might be good.

I agree. The WT and ME pairs would benefit from being kerned just a tad more tightly, too, but the OW pair is particularly noticeable.

The O looks more like a 0 (zero) to me. Maybe that’s just down to the choices made by the font designer. Speaking of zeroes, I’m not a fan of the stroked zeroes in ‘Ticket No 07’ and ‘7.30PM’ (and I’m not sure about the superscript ‘PM’, either).

‘Burger - N - Chips’ should be ‘Burger ’N’ Chips’ (cf. ‘Toys ’Я’ Us’).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

34 minutes ago, Alfred said:

‘Burger - N - Chips’ should be ‘Burger ’N’ Chips’ (cf. ‘Toys ’Я’ Us’).

Why have 'N' rather than AND in the description.

How is the 'N' said in speech?

In Surrey.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

7 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Well, that’s clearly going to depend on the speaker’s idiolect, but quite commonly /ən/ or something close to that.

’Burger & Chips’ would work well enough, and it would benefit from being relatively uncontroversial!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

’Burger & Chips’ would work well enough, and it would benefit from being relatively uncontroversial!

It also has the advantage that a sentence such as

Burger & Chips and Tomatoes & Rice are available.

can be used.

William

Just my two penn'orth, but as the N is a contraction of and, I would say that it should be used as in "Burger 'n' Chips" (although. personally, I would prefer "Fish 'n' Chips)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

And I will have the Organic Italian Chopped Tomatoes and basmati rice with lemon and herbs please.

Vegan, no gluten, and delicious. Mmm

William

Thanks to everybody for the comments for which I always welcome, most of which I have taken on board and made alteration to the ticket template.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

The “Gary King” text doesn’t seem to be following the curve of the ring it’s in

I have now, forgot to use the alignment tool before inputting the text

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

I agree. The WT and ME pairs would benefit from being kerned just a tad more tightly, too, but the OW pair is particularly noticeable.

Played around with the Kerning and appears much nicer now.

2 hours ago, William Overington said:

Listening to people in McDonalds and my local chippy it always seems to me people say fish "n  or Burger "n.  I cannot believe the "n" usage would prove controversial

14 hours ago, William Overington said:

You refer to the Elvis image. Is that Elvis or the performer?

No it is the performer Gary King. I sought his permission before using.

14 hours ago, William Overington said:

Here it seems that if someone who has a dietary issue

William these are but mere tickets.  The dietary requirements are on an A5 table top flier along with an attachment to an email to all members, with A4's on the two noticeboards. There is also a permanent statement that all dietary requirements would be met at all functions on the clubhouse menu blackboard.  Which you would not of been aware of.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1