You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why do Arabs not use Affinity programs much?

hello ,I am Mohamed, an Arab designer. I use your awesome programs that save me from other programs from other companies that exploit us.
Your programs are very awesome, especially the one-time payment, not like other exploitative programs and companies that take advantage of our needs by placing an expensive monthly subscription.
Thank you very much for providing us with these very, very, very wonderful programs

But I just have a very simple observation. We, as Arabs, work with it a lot in Arabic, but it does not support writing in Arabic. This is a big problem and a very hindering one for us, and it is a reason why many Arab designers have not relied on your programs because they make it difficult for us to write in Arabic. So we must We write it on a site that changes the direction of the line, then we put it in your program until it adjusts, and this is tiring when we have a lot of lines.

So please, please correct this simple problem, and I promise you that it will increase the number of Arab users
When you fix it, I will put this very happy blessing in my account and give good news to my fellow designers

Sorry for disturbing you
Thanks

6 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

While waiting for a native solution, this might help with shorter spans of text in Designer and Photo:

https://rtlfixer.com/fix-arabic-and-farsi-support-to-affinity-designer-photo-and-publisher/

Paolo

RTL Fixer is quite expensive. LeoMoon ParsiNegar is freeware.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I don't consider $29 to $49 (depending upon the number of desired installations) expensive--but free is certainly less!

I should have said “relatively expensive”! Upwards of $29 for an app that does just one thing (however well it does it) is quite a lot for a user who only wants it so they can make fuller use of another app for which they may well have paid $39 or less.

Alfred spacer.png

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

RTL Fixer is quite expensive. LeoMoon ParsiNegar is freeware.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they do different things.

- RTL Fixer allows one to write in any application.

- ParsiNegar gives you a dedicated editor, from where you can copy text that you can then paste in other software.

With RTL Fixer you can actually work as if RTL was natively supported by the underlying app.

1 minute ago, PaoloT said:

they do different things

That’s a very fair point, Paolo. RTL is not something I use much, so I would be quite happy to copy and paste on the odd few occasions when I need it.

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...