You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Include templates

It would be great if you include templates like letters, brochure, books and other basic stuff. Currently the templates section is empty. In all programs of the suit (Photo, Designer, Publisher). The samples are interessting but why not adding templates? So that the user can get started quickly. For example creating a brochure in Publisher. A 2x DIN A4 with each 3 sections (trifolds) which each section has its order. It would be great to have such templates. Maybe with different designs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Resources+Templates+site:https://forum.affinity.serif.com

Edited by Pšenda
Refining the search on the Resources forum

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

2 minutes ago, Domske said:

I mean official built-in default templates. I know search engines. This is just a feedback, a suggestion to include such basic templates into the program.

I understood what you meant personally. I think it's a great suggestion. I wouldn't use preloaded ones terribly much, but I use many of my own created templates and it's very important to be able to "just start" when the moment strikes.

If they do preload some templates, they should be very good templates. Of such quality that it would be a good model for any user to begin to figure out the program. Imo, that should be the ultimate goal. We will all end up adjusting templates as we need anyway, but a "place to start" when first learning would make optimal use for most new users.

1 hour ago, Domske said:

The samples are interessting but why not adding templates?

You can already open the examples, tweak them according to your needs and save them as templates. 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

Thanks debraspicher. Yes, that's a point. The preset templates should be very simple. Honestly, I'd rather create my own templates. I like figuring it out and tweaking it perfectly to keep it simple and effective to my needs. On the other hand, this takes a lot of time and I would like to know what best practices apply specifically to this program and how the creators would do it. Find ideas, etc. Like the Samples, the Templates could be optionally downloaded. It's like the formats under the New section. Just with more preset settings, elements and maybe designs. Idk. I just looked at the template tab to create a tri-fold brochure with it's confusing order. ^^ I'm almost done and have ended up creating 1/3 rectangles on two A4 sheets in the order 5-6-1, 2-3-4. So do whatever you want with this suggestion. :) It's ok if Serif don't want it. Just consider.

11 hours ago, Domske said:

A 2x DIN A4 with each 3 sections (trifolds) which each section has its order. It would be great to have such templates. Maybe with different designs.

Even from this, it is clear that the set of "representative" templates will be very wide and will not satisfy the needs of all users anyway. This could be a space for custom templates in the Resources forum, such as here:

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.