You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working with 360 degree

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

How do you find the centre of the monitor and does it come with a 3M adhesive pad :D

I don't have a need for that, since I (re)use instead ...

... and I also have my own build on top floating protractor apps for measurements on screen if needed.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

19 hours ago, Barry Newman said:

The crux of the issue lies in the fundamental disconnect between the mathematical world and the experiential world. Mathematics, in its purest form, is a language of precision, a tool for expressing the exactitudes of the universe. It is a realm where a circle is divided into 2 radians, equivalent to 360 degrees. This division is not arbitrary but is based on the properties of a circle …

The term π is crucially missing here. An angle of 2 radians is less than 115°, because 360° is  radians.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The term π is crucially missing here.

Mmm...π ...

"Could you cut that pie into six slices instead of eight? It is because I couldn't possibly eat eight slices of pie"

And thanks for pointing out the mistake, it was bugging me. I hate radians mostly because I don't quite understand them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The term π is crucially missing here. An angle of 2 radians is less than 115°, because 360° is  radians.

Jip, because the radian measure is derived from the arc length of the full circle. A circle whose radius is 1 (unit circle) has a circumference, i.e. an arc length, of . An arc length of corresponds to an angle of 360°. Other angles then lead proportionally to other arc lengths:

formel1.png.01a13259b1d2c049df91b1dcb4632552.png

If ω is the angle in degrees (°) and Ω is the angle in radians (rad). Conversely, any angle given in radians can of course be converted back into degrees:

formel2.png.355ebef796ed98aaa96c08c829373c08.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 1/30/2024 at 8:42 PM, Alfred said:

Yes, for some reason I didn't include π, but then again, I wasn't writing a thesis to be judged and dissected here, so we're leading the readers into yet another AFFINITY forum sidetrack, but it was a description of how alien this mathematical approach will be for many GRAPHIC DESIGNERS.

Remember: complexity breeds complexity, complexity stifles usability, the more complexity, the less usability, the more chatter, the less focus and progress.