You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment dialog hidden behind floating window

When editing an image in a floating window using APhoto 2.3.1 , clicking on any adjustment will display the adjustment dialog for only an instant before the dialog disappears behind the active window.

In APhoto 1.10.6, the dialog opens on top of the active floating window and stays there as I expect it should.

I couldn't find this reported previously, yet it is such an obvious bug that I can't believe it hasn't been reported before. Then again, this is the first time I have used floating windows for editing multiple photos in the 6 years I've been using APhoto. Perhaps others don't use floating windows much either.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

For what it is worth I am not seeing this with Mac OS 12.7.2

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I don't use Floating document windows very much, either. But I can confirm that on Windows I see the same behavior. An Adjustment panel appears briefly and then quickly hides behind the Floating document window, in both Photo 2.3.1 and 2.4.0.2222 Beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[Win] Adjustment windows pop up behind floated documents instead of above." (REF: AF-335) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2279".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.