You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to use Publisher for creating slides for importing into PowerPoint, but I have not found a workflow that works for this. I had hoped that exporting to high-quality digital PDF would be the key, but alas, it did not work. Has anyone found a workflow that work?

Not only does Publisher make so much easier to make consistent layouts and generate multiple pages using AutoFlow, it also makes it trivial to have page numbers based upon sections.

9 hours ago, Michael Sheaver said:

I had hoped that exporting to high-quality digital PDF would be the key, but alas, it did not work.

According to this PPT Help page you can use an exported PDF to

• insert as image,
• insert as PDF object,
• open as a linked slideshow.

They also mention SVG as a file format in case you need vector data displayed with the PPT. Apparently this enables some editing options for the imported layout content if converted within PPT to an "Office shape".

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/insert-pdf-file-content-into-a-powerpoint-presentation-5e7719d5-508c-4c07-a3d4-68123c373a62

Alternatively you could try this free online-tool to convert PDF to PPT:

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/pdf-to-ppt.html

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 1/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, thomaso said:

Alternatively you could try this free online-tool to convert PDF to PPT:

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/pdf-to-ppt.html

Holy cow! This Adobe tool is EXACTLY what I was hoping against all hope for! I am dumbfounded and speechless, actually. It not only brings everything into PowerPoint correctly, but it also provides the ability to make final tweaks and edits directly in PowerPoint. Many thanks for sharing this!

EDIT: True to their colors, this service is only "free" for a very limited time; after that they require a subscription to use the convert to PPT service.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 8:58 AM, Michael Sheaver said:

EDIT: True to their colors, this service is only "free" for a very limited time; after that they require a subscription to use the convert to PPT service.

What is the issue? It is something you need, makes your life easier, why should it be free?

40 minutes ago, wonderings said:

What is the issue?

Issue? It is 'just' of a piece of information, in addition to my initial mention of "free" (which may mislead).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, Michael Sheaver said:

Holy cow! This Adobe tool is EXACTLY what I was hoping against all hope for! I am dumbfounded and speechless, actually. It not only brings everything into PowerPoint correctly, but it also provides the ability to make final tweaks and edits directly in PowerPoint. Many thanks for sharing this!

If you happen to be on Windows, trying PDF-XChange might be worth your time. It is not quite as good as Adobe Acrobat but not far from it. And it comes with a perpetual license at around USD70.