You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Older generation iPad to run AD

DivSmart

Is there a longtime iPad user who can recall the minimum requirements of iPad on AD v1.x?

What are the earliest supported generations iPads. I have the universal upgrade, so we could try iPAD if we can get a working combination on those vintage models.

I have read https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/168445-what-are-the-recommended-system-specifications-for-affinity-v2-apps/My reason for this unusual request: we have an autistic child and want to see how he will respond to drawing on an old iPad with AD, as a therapy.

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

31 minutes ago, DivSmart said:

What are the earliest supported generations iPads. I have the universal upgrade, so we could try iPAD if we can get a working combination on those vintage models.

Why are you asking about V1, though? While you say you have the Universal upgrade, that only implies you have at least one if the V1 applications. If you haven't already specifically purchased the V1 app(s) for the iPad when they were still available, all you'll be able to install with your Universal license are the V2 apps.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

33 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Why are you asking about V1, though? While you say you have the Universal upgrade, that only implies you have at least one if the V1 applications. If you haven't already specifically purchased the V1 app(s) for the iPad when they were still available, all you'll be able to install with your Universal license are the V2 apps.

Great question Walt!

Thanks for the clarification. I did not buy the Ipad V1 licence, so I would be using the Universal upgrade. The system reauirements don't state the RAM, so what should it have?

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

6 minutes ago, DivSmart said:

How much memory will the iPAD 2017+ need to have?

For example ADe 2 for iPad will occupy itself about ~ 1.7 GB of storage space ...

... though runtime memory consumption then here depends more on the complexity of the docs/drawing performed with that ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

40 minutes ago, DivSmart said:

The system reauirements don't state the RAM, so what should it have?

Sorry; I've no information beyond what the Affinity Store does say:

image.png.4f112db90c36cd0f6fb8d2864c1b5b67.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I thought as much.

So maybe a member can tell of their experience. I have since researched it and found the iPad 7th gen. with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage, so would that work?

------

18 hours ago, DivSmart said:

I thought as much.

So maybe a member can tell of their experience. I have since researched it and found the iPad 7th gen. with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage, so would that work?

Why don't you just try it, it is a free download for 30 days for all platforms including iPad from the App Store.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help