You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Anthony

Do you happen to have the original image you can send across at all? For what it looks like, when it's rasterising it's changing a 326dpi image into 96dp to match the document which is what is causing the quality loss. Ideally I'd try and match the DPI of the document and image but with the image in the file it seems a bit iffy. Hopefully using the original file it will be easier to see what's going on here

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi

I have attached the project I started from. it is composed of multiple images... When I open it in Affinity design it looks great so I just don't understand why I can't export a better quality.

I am moving away from adobe to entirely work with your product but this is a problem!

It the same if I rasterise  the layers... how can your software display such a great image and then after rasterisation, being left with so little information in the image... Been working on it all day... It's bugging me  :(

Thank you

Anthony

MacBook - Iphone - Ipad.afdesign

Any chance for an answer? I'm sorry but if you are trying to convert customers to you softwares, you will have to provide a better support. Still no answers from you on my problem. This is really poor on your side. Now you have my money you don't seem to care.

So you know, I manage to do the same job in 5 minutes on adobe photoshop with the same images and it worked first time....

You need to up your game and provide a phone support..

Just a disappointed customer...

Anthony while I understand your frustration, your accusation that the developers "don't care" is incorrect. Please keep in mind that it is entirely possible they reside in a different country than you and the time is not the same. You got a response to your initial post in just over an hour from Chris. I'm sure someone will address your concerns.

Hi Meb,

I have tried every resample possible... What I have discovered is that if I take each images and reduce them and expert, it gives me a great quality, but I soon as I use them all together in the same composition with some masks, them when reduced I loose the quality... 

This is just plain weird....

Jmac

yes I am frustrated, and probably my remarks were a bit strong. Never the less, I have developed softwares for 30 years and my businesses have always been successful on the back of excellent support. I feel that with the customers base that they acquired with those excellent softwares they should really provide a phone support that will certainly improve the customer experience. This is my 2 cents... Also I did not say the developers don't care, my comment was towards the company as a whole... So you are right I should not express my feeling so strongly but I feel that I have a point.... 

Apologies for a lack of response Anthony. I have been digging away at the file for some time trying to find the best solution. 

With the file you attached, the view in Affinity at 100% pretty much looks the same as the export. I think the mis-lead here is that the images are displayed at native resolution and not what they are when then conform to the document settings.

You are reducing some large visually complex issues into a much smaller document so I would expect some loss in quality as there are less pixels to be able to recreate the same image. You mentioned that PS had a better quality export with the same setup? Would you be able to send me the PSD file so I can compare it and get this sent over to the Devs so we can get the issue sorted?

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com