You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving files doesn't always work in V2

chile9

I've had an intermittent problem with Designer V2 not saving on the iPad. I noticed shortly after V2 came out that auto-save didn't always work, so I've been manually saving my files every 20 to 30 minutes. I lost 3+ hours of work on an illustration today that I saved manually probably half a dozen times. When I opened it again all of my work was gone. I looked at the file in the folder and it said that the last time it was saved was several hours before, which was the first time I saved after creating the file. So frustrating! I've found V2 much buggier than V1. I hope this gets fixed or I'm going to have to stop using it and I really don't want to do that.

How are you Saving? The official way is you return to Live Docs and Save from there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for that clarification.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

It seems that Ctrl-S can work, but I don't trust it, because there's no indication whether the keystrokes were accepted. And the ability to Save from within the document via the Document menu was removed in V2 because there could be issues with it, but they seem to have missed removing Ctrl-S. 

-- Walt
PC:

Yes, it was saved on my iCloud Drive so I could pass it back and forth between my iPad and my Mac. I manually saved it many times while I was working on it but the time stamp says it wasn't modified at all after I created the original file. I often work this way and I've never had problems. However, I've had this happen saving files locally, too. I never had this issue with V1, it started with V2.