You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Luts on ipad

• Staff

Hi @autumntechdruidand Welcome to the Forums,

What format are your LUTs in?  I just tried this on my iPad and it does appear to be a bit hit and miss as it took a couple of attempts of importing the LUTs on my iPad before it would show in the app.  However, I've tried it on another iPad and they showed straight away.

I've just had this confirmed this is a bug and I've logged it with the Developers.  You might find if you keep trying they will appear, as I did have this work once but all other attempts I've made have failed.

14 hours ago, autumntechdruid said:

Adjustment>luts> hamburger on category> select luts> open

I don't see "select LUTs" at that point. There's an Import LUT option, which will give you a Files dialog to select from. Is that what you mean? 

If so, it should allow you to find and load .cube files, for example.

@stokerg: I am finding that I cannot use Import LUT on a LUTs category, but I need to do some more testing. My LUT (.cube) files are on a network drive. I can tap Import LUT and get the Files dialog. I can navigate to the network drive, and to the folder I want to import from. The .cube files are all displayed, and I can select them and click Open. But they do not show up in the LUT category in the Adjustments panel list.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I am finding that I cannot use Import LUT on a LUTs category, but I need to do some more testing. My LUT (.cube) files are on a network drive. I can tap Import LUT and get the Files dialog. I can navigate to the network drive, and to the folder I want to import from. The .cube files are all displayed, and I can select them and click Open. But they do not show up in the LUT category in the Adjustments panel list.

I've been poking this some more and I've zero idea how I got my LUT imported once, as all other attempts have failed, thats with LUTs stored locally and on iCloud.  I've also checked this with QA and they are also having the same trouble, can select the LUT but it's not added to the Adjustment Panel and have requested I get this logged with the Developers, which I'll do straight after my lunch :) 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:29 PM, stokerg said:

I've been poking this some more and I've zero idea how I got my LUT imported once, as all other attempts have failed, thats with LUTs stored locally

Same here! Imported one into a new category and nothing else since.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, Karen Langlie said:

has the bug been addressed or still waiting on a fix?

If it had been addressed there would be a post here from Serif Info Bot telling us what release contains the fix. So we can assume it has not been fixed yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
LUT won’t import to “adjustments” list—glitch. My husband and I each have an iPad Pro and we both use affinity Photo 2—family account.  My husband‘s iPad Pro is able to export an LUT and then import it, and it works perfect! The glitch is only on my iPad, which is the exact same iPad model as my husbands.

Not only did I reset my affinity Photo 2 for iPad, I also deleted the app and then reinstalled it on my iPad. It did not fix whatever the glitch is with the LUT inability to import but just on my iPad.  This makes me believe that surely it must be some other setting from general iPad settings or could it be from my iMac or even another program like Procreate or a Photoshop program I have on my iMac?

I hope this is figured out soon because it seems like a really cool feature to have. I’m looking forward to using it more if it ever gets fixed.

Import LUT glitch: RESOLVED!  I was having a problem importing a LUT to my iPad. The LUT that I created would not show up in the list under adjustments/LUT like it is supposed to. It did however work perfectly on my husband's iPad which is the exact same as mine. I couldn't figure out why it was working on his but not on mine. 

I discovered that I was exporting my newly created LUT and saving it in my iCloud affinity photo folder (which is what the book I purchased told me to do). That was the problem. Once I figured out to save the exported LUT into a folder on my iPad, then I was able to import it and have it show up in the list. It worked perfect when importing it from my iPad folder. I now have the new LUT imported and it shows up on the list of adjustments/LUT for every photo that I open. 

So thankful to have figured this out because this is a really great feature.