You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pajamas Designs for Characters of the Animation Short I'm working on

MmmMaarten

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Aaargh, that dancing baby from the 90’s has come back to haunt me!

Seriously though, they’re throwing some great shapes. (Is that what the kids say these days?)
Nicely done.

Thanks! Just for the record to prevent miscommunication though; I've created these characters completely from scratch (drawings) and modeled and rigged them in 3d. And done some texturing on them, like the pajama's and painting and the rest of (clothing and hair) rigging will follow. But I didn't start the animation process for the movie yet. This is only testing the 3D character models and rigging to see if everything works as expected while rigging (= adding a complex skeleton to the character to be able to animate it) and to make changes where needed before I start months of animating. I've now just quickly remapped animation data from Mixamo (a website where you can download animation data) unto my models and rigs to see if there are any issues to fix.
Because once I start animating, which is a long manual process, it would take months of extra work if I only find out than there is an issue in the characters. Good preparation is everything!

Hope this makes sense! 

On 3/10/2024 at 2:04 PM, GarryP said:

I wish I had the time and skills to do stuff like this; it looks daunting, but very rewarding when the result is good.

It's a lot of work for sure. I am working hard on this film, which will be somewhere between 5 and 8 minutes long, for a few months now (with some other projects done and a lot of learning in between) and it will take a few more months to finish it, but I've learned so much by doing this and also spent a lot of time to do research and create workflow documents for myself for future projects to not having to reinvent the wheel every time, because there's quite a lot involved, especially in the rigging department. Some things are difficult at first, but by learning how it really works and doing a lot of research and practise and making notes things get easier over time. Next project things will be a lot faster. But it's very fulfilling for sure. The harder something is to do, the more fulfilment in the end if it worked out well and less complicated the next time!

23 hours ago, DonC123 said:

Very cute video!

Thanks!