You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How convert image with max contrast with only K? (Publisher K only not suitable). All apps and their v2.3 versions.

How convert image max contrast with only K ? (Publisher K only not suitable). All apps and their v2.3 version. this publisher way is not proper greyscale conversion but takes only K chanel of image. and greyscale material still needd be in cmyk colour model this usage but without CMY inks.

If you want a document with a black channel only you can convert its document colour space to Grayscale.

If wanted you can first define the resulting grays for various colour ranges individually with a Black & White Adjustment.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Using the channels mixer adjustment you can suppress or zero out all CMY channels, and add or subtract them in defined weighting factors to K channel. Is there anything you miss?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

5 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Using the channels mixer adjustment you can suppress or zero out all CMY channels, and add or subtract them in defined weighting factors to K channel. Is there anything you miss?

this way i cannot do SRGB image direclty K image (in speffic CMYK what name i dont remember but i found info easily). but my technique works. converting rgb to cmyk and do after it cmyk is not wise i feel becouse there is two times cutted colours then i feel is good do speffic greyscale conversion in rgb side. first conversing reduces colours. other usage likely newer happen but other likely if i use one company make black and white books.(they want material speffic cmyk profile in only k chanel to do black white books exact same profile what used cmyk projects but difference is this)